Monday, August 24, 2009

Open Thread and Links

This, of course, is a must read. A really good write-up on the Minnick teabagger meeting.

I also liked this account

More Republican Hypocrisy

Rep. Minnick to appear on Newshour with Jim Lehrer tonight.


____________________________________________________

I probably won't have any content up today. I have a couple things in the works, but not much time. School started today, and I'm supposed to have two speeches written already. And work, have to go to work, too. Somewhere in there I'll fit in study-time for my LSAT. I definitely intend to get some content up either tomorrow or Wed. though.

Aside from that, here's a controversial conversation starter: Lately, I've been pretty angry with Rep. Minnick, but now I'm vacillating. I feel like I can forgive all his opposition on healthcare b/c I don't think his vote in the House really matters. I'm thinking that the Speaker, the Whip, and the Majority Leader probably all told him to do what it takes to keep his seat. And that makes sense, b/c more Democratic butts in seats means a majority for Democrats, which means Democrats run the show and the committees(which means, thank goodness, that Republicans don't). But, taking all of that into account, does that mean Rep. Minnick has to attend teabagger meetings where he bashes "North End Democrats" and gives credibility to crazy teabaggers who are definitely not going to vote for him anyway? Like I said, I'm vacillating.

No comments:

Post a Comment